Monday 22 February 2010

This week - Vault of Night raid

Hey guildies,

I'd like to try to organize a Vault of Night aka VON raid this week or weekend. By raid I mean parts 5 and 6 of the quest chain, ie Vault of Night and Plane of Night. It would probably be a run without level restrictions but also without XP, just for fun and to introduce the raid to the people who haven't done it before. Please let me know if you're interested in coming, when you are available, what character you would like to bring and whether or not you need to do any of the first 4 parts to get flagged. The whole thing would probably take at least 2 hours, group forming included. If we have a good party, I'd like to avoid getting pugs, as long as we can cover the stats needed - we need two characters who can at least temporarily reach Strength 25 and two characters who can reach Wisdom 20. These stats are needed to use certain runes and levers at one point in the quest and a character who has both the Str and Wis needed can cover both at the same time.

Alternatively - or additionally - we could also try to organize the raid for characters who are at the appropriate level, is about 9-12 or 10-13. VON 5 gives a lot of XP. In this case, a full raid group including pugs would most likely be inevitable as it would exclude some guildies that don't have any characters in that range at the moment.

Feel free to ask any questions. There is a guide to VON5 on our guild forum if you want to read up on the quest beforehand.

Mic

16 comments:

  1. I can come on either Intimi or Gleeful, I'm flagged on both and can hit that str easily on both toons, Gleeful is 12 and Intimi is 17 so it really depends what you guys need at the time. I'll be free on Thursday and most evenings after 6pm EST. If he's around and I'm not ask iNuke to call me and I'll come if I'm near a pc.

    (Squebra)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can come as either Kovalier (if you need a trapmonkey) or Ossanna (more general combat & support).. either can handle the wisdom easily, both are level 14 at the moment, and both are fully flagged & good to go

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank guys, we'll see what we can do. I think we should aim for Friday evening as both Hannah and I will be free then.
    I'm sorry I haven't been on much the last few days. Work has been busy and I've been trying to catch up on some real life stuff. It's quite possible I'll switch to a bit of a more casual mode, especially if the weather improves a bit (though that's a bit relative in the UK).

    ReplyDelete
  4. as posted in the forum i can offer siw who has the wis and silisa who has the str. Silisa still needs von 3 and 4 first. So it depends on the level range what char i'll bring. just tell me soon enough so i can flag sil first if necessary (i want to do it at appropriate level as those quests give massive xp)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to work Friday but I'm not sure what shift. If there's any chance I could get a rough estimate it would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey

    i could come with my exploiter or fvs. better have a guy from keeper with you (i can show you around :P).

    just yell at me ingame if im online and you need me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sque, can you please post here as soon as you know what shift you have on Friday? We'd move the raid to Saturday to make sure you can come.

    Nurse, I'll give you a shout once we know when it's happening and what we need.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be working from 9am here (just over 12 hours from this post) until I don't know when, no later than 5pm so if that's too late I won't take offense. I can always run it again at some point =p

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not going to be able to make Friday as I'll be visiting the girlfriend in Boston. I'll be back on Saturday though. If I miss it I'll just jump in a raid with another group. I'm flagged now so its not a big deal.

    Nuke

    P.S. Whatever I try to do I cannot "verify" my "credentials" so I have to post anon

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think it's less a matter of doing the raid than showing it to the 2 of you. part 6 is really a jaw-dropper the first time you do it

    ReplyDelete
  11. As Siw said, the purpose of this run is to show you guys (Nuke and Torry) around. If we just wanted to get it done, we would do it with a pug. So we'll postpone it until Saturday or Sunday. Would you guys be able to come online Saturday morning (EU afternoon)?

    ReplyDelete
  12. no can do on my end for Saturday morning, i have a tux fitting around 7pm your time and before that I'll be on my way back from Boston via train.

    Nuke

    ReplyDelete
  13. i haven't ever done this, but it can't take THAT long, can it? i mean fitting the tux

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had to google up what a tux is... Such things are entirely alien to me. ;)

    I'll talk to the rest of us Euro dudes and see if we can postpone it until Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I felt bad glad I didn't miss anything. I got stuck at work for an extra 5 hours last night. I felt really bad but I didn't have a pc I could use. I have tomorrow off entirely, so if that works out for you guys it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This we should take this to the forum now. Not sure this is the best platform to discuss run times. :)

    ReplyDelete